Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saree style

A Saree is the main element of fashion in Hyderabad or anywhere else in India. In addition to this dress form remaining a classic from ages bygone, in recent times, Bollywood has made it as sexy as it can ever be and the colors and the patterns amaze me everytime ...from the subtle to the sexy, from the brights to the beiges..... There are many many different types of sarees and styles and  I would like to share some of the beautiful patterns and ageless designs that never go out of fashion.














New types of saree designs keep coming to the market everyday, but to me "COTTONS" remain my favorite of all, mainly due to the comfort (to survive the hot hyderabad summers !) and from the simple elegance that they offer . Some of the cottons from Gadwal, Kolkatta, Kothakota etc., with their classic designs ( that are being slightly modified to adapt/appeal to the "new generation")  bring a lot of grace and dignity to the female form.

I love this saree on Manisha. Its a simple cotton yet so gorgeous.




2 comments:

  1. Would you be able to add info about cottons in salwars/kurtis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can add more info after my India visit.

    ReplyDelete